Application Architect – Financial Services – Canary Wharf – An opportunity has arisen with a leading financial services organisation based in Canary Wharf. The organisation is currently undergoing one of the largest transformation programmes in Europe and is looking a number of Senior Application Architects to help create a new architecture team.
The Application Architect’s key responsibilities will be for;
• The analysis stage of projects: responsibility for the Solution Architecture Document, and the Technical Architecture Document potentially, the Analysis Model, Analysis Class, Deployment Model, supporting the Business Analyst in the production of Use Cases.
• Liaising with stakeholders; both within IS and the business areas
• Solution governance and quality assurance including membership of various Technical Design Authorities
• Evaluating the operational performance of outsource partners.
The key skills the Application Architect should have are;
• A deep and up-to-date understanding of best practice applications architectures; experience of complex n-tier applications development projects.
• Past experience of designing systems or components on large projects (£5M+)
• Experience of working in projects through the end to end project lifecycle.
• Good overall knowledge of a broad range of technology and technology trends
• Deep experience in Oracle/BEA or similar middleware platforms (eg. IBM, Microsoft)
• Working experience with formal architectural methodologies and frameworks (eg. TOGAF, Zachman)
• Experience of alternative development techniques such as Agile, Iterative, etc. Specific knowledge of the Rational Unified Process would be desirable.
If you are interested in hearing more about the opportunity please send your CV’s to the details listed below